2013년 1월 18일 금요일

Compare an Contrast Essay


Hello fellow readers!
Today I'm going to write about the movie brave. After watching the movie brave, I want to compare and contrast my family and Merida's family. I think my family is better than Merida's family and I'll explain why. It's because my mom is more relaxed of rules than Merida's mom, I can do whatever I want to do more oftentimes than Merida, and my father does what he want's to do without listening to my mom. 

First, I want to compare my mom to Merida's mom, Elinor. A good part of my mom is that she is more relaxed about rules than Merida's mom. For an Example, I don't hear something like 'a prince does~' In my case, 'a kid does~' from my mom. Another goods part of my mom is she is able to understand me. On the other hand, Merida's mom doesn't know how to understand her daughters mind. In the movie, she thought that it was good for Merida to marry quickly while Merida didn't want to marry. The good part of Elinor is that she cares a lot for her daughter. If Elinor didn't love her daughter, why would she teach Merida strictly? 

Second, I want to compare my life to Merida's life. A good part of my life is that I can do what I want do more often than Merida. For example, Merida can only go out of the castle once in a year. Unlike Merida, I want go out of my house whenever I want to go. The good part of Merida is that she has servants. She doesn't need to clean her room and make her bed. But I have to. Also, she can eat expensive foods. This is very important to me because I can only eat expensive foods on special occasions while Merida can eat every day.

Third, I want to compare my dad to Fergus. A good part of my dad is He listens less to my mom than Fergus. For an example, Fergus can't say a word to Elinor. He always listens to her. Our dad doesn't do that. He is in control of our house. Unlike our dad, Fergus play's more with his kids. Our dad plays with us, but ot as much as Fergus. 

Merida's family is better in some ways: They have servants, they're noble, and Fergus plays with his kids more. Despite all this, however, I think my family is better because my mom is more relaxed of rules than Merida's mom, I can do whatever I want to do more oftentimes than Merida, and my father does what he want's to do without listening to my mom. Also our family atmosphere is more friendly than marilda's family's which I think is the most important part!! (and I don’t have three naughty little brothers!!)

Thank you for reading. I hoped you enjoyed my essay. Have a nice day!!!


(This is the trailer of the movie brave. It shows the disagreement of Merida and her mother Elinor)

댓글 2개:

  1. I read it before I write my comment. You compare and contrast about Merida's and yours. I think it was a kind of good content organizing. It was really good.

    답글삭제
  2. In terms of conveying a solid message, you probably wrote the best compare and contrast essay in the class. Your thesis was clear and you stood by it until the conclusion. Good work.

    답글삭제